We understand that many businesses have to prioritise and cannot afford a huge legal bill all in one go.
Intellectual Property Lawyers
Intellectual property rights are valuable and often essential commercial assets for business large and small.
Whilst we may think of IP as largely impacting creators and owners of scientific, industrial, literary or artistic works, in reality IP is essential to almost every business and is part of most commercial contracts with employees, suppliers or customers.
Intellectual Property can range from your website, data, client and business databases, social media and a great many other business critical areas. If you come to sell your business or seek funding or investment, you will almost certainly find you will need to be able to show you fully understand the IP assets and risks in your business and have taken steps to cover the position legally.
Our IP lawyers can help you adopt a proportionate approach, finding out what your IP assets and risks are and protecting the most important first.
IP related legal services
Common ways we advise and assist our clients include :
The principal rights being:
- Building in confidentiality, data protection and IP protections for employers into employment contracts
- Legal advice on copyright
- Protecting IP in your website and social media accounts
- Advice on the commercial aspects of Intellectual Property – the options to exploit IP such as licensing or selling IP and how to protect it with the right corporate structure, potentially ringfencing IP assets or planning ahead to spin off IP you own from the rest of your business.
- Advice on GDPR obligations and data protection
- Dealing with suppliers such as web designers, consultants, external agencies, IT services suppliers in relation to protecting your IP rights.
- Enforcing any breach of your IP rights and dealing with and IP disputes.
- IP disputes including cease and desist, injunctions, passing off claims and trademark or copyright claims
- Design Rights
- Brand protection
IP Solicitors in London
If you need practical, experienced, commercial lawyers who understand the need to prioritise IP law advice by importance and cost, please do get in contact with us.