Criminal services motoring offences pricing information
Advising you on a drink driving offence on a guilty plea.
As part of The Service we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced solicitor to work on your matter with a team supporting the delivery of our service to you.
- 2 hours attendance/ preparation to include:
- Meeting with you for you to provide instructions on what has happened.
- Considering initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Taking your instructions
- Explaining the Court Procedure so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the Court.
- Conducting any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you, if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- Meet with you before going to the Court.
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court. We anticipate being at Court with you for half a day.
Discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will be outside this scope of The Service noted above and fee information noted below.
The key stages or your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the Court listing for that day.
What is the estimated fee?
Our price for The Service is calculated based on the time spent on dealing with your matter.
Our hourly rate is £150.00 – £300.00 plus VAT depending upon the seniority of the person handling your case. On average, we expect to spend approximately 2 to 4 hours on each case, depending on the complexity of the issue and information we have on hand. You should note that your fee will reflect the time spent on the service, so where we spend more time on your matter, your costs will reflect the time spent to provide The Service to you. We will advise you as your matter progresses if there is likely to be a deviation from the initial fee estimate provided to you.
Information on Estimated Fee
The following does not form part of The Service or fee estimate noted above:
- Instructions from any expert witnesses
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
If additional work, as set out above is required on your case, you should note that your fee for the additional services will reflect the time spent, so where we spend more time on your matter to obtain expert witness statements, advising you on an appeal etc., your costs will reflect the additional time.
Likely disbursements (these are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursement on your behalf to ensure a smoother process)
- Counsel’s fees estimated between £500 to £750 plus VAT per day (depending on experience of the barrister) (excluding preparation) if a barrister is required.
- If we are attending interviews with you- our travel/ mileage costs depending on the location of the Court hearing your case.
Potential Additional Costs
We will always provide you with fee information at the start of your matter, therefore if you would like bespoke fee information for your particular case please contact us to discuss.
Please rest assured, if your case involves unexpected complications, we will always inform you, including any additional fees that may apply, so that you can make an informed decision as to how to proceed.
If you would like information on our other criminal services please contact our Head of Corporate Protection, David Roy; [email protected] or 0121 752 1618.