Our India Desk is led by trusted corporate and business lawyers who understand the Indian culture.
Our lawyers speak Hindi, Gujrati, Punjabi, Urdu and Bengali.
Our wide-ranging legal and commercial expertise, understanding of the Indian community, contacts with it’s business people and ability of our staff to speak many languages makes us uniquely placed to service the needs of clients from South-East Asia.
We cater for both inbound work from the Indian subcontinent, as well as outbound work to India. It is well-known that the Indian subcontinent accounts for some of the largest amounts of inwards investment to the UK.
Commercial lawyers for India related business
Our firm has particular expertise in Real Estate, Litigation and Dispute Resolution. We also have an active Corporate and Commercial team specialising in commercial disputes, banking and finance, contracts, corporate recovery, procurement, property and regulation.
We provide partner-led advice at competitive costs.
Our associates have extensive experience advising local and foreign businesses and corporations on their investments in the UK. Our lawyers have worked in India and have a good understanding of the Indian market practices.
Our connections with the Indian Business Community
The firm is involved in strengthening its India–UK relationships by associations with:
- Russell Bahar’s Asian Jewish Business Network (AJBN)
- CB Patel’s Asian Voice newspaper and Asian Achievers Awards
- Manoj Ladwa’s UK – India week by India Inc.
- United Kingdom Indian Business Council (UKIBC)
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- The High Commission of India in the UK.
India desk legal services
- Banking and Finance – acting for banks and borrowers
- Corporate Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Commercial – various types of commercial arrangements, distribution, franchise arrangements, manufacturing, investments and divestments
- Real Estate – housing and commercial projects, acquisition, development, hotels etc
- Dispute Resolution, commercial disputes, cross border dispute resolution, alternative dispute resolution, Mediation and Arbitration, Fraud (civil & criminal), Insolvency and restructuring, asset recovery & asset tracing
- Employment and human resources
- Immigration (Individuals & Corporates)
- Family Law
- Private wealth – Will, Trusts & Probate
- Advisory on starting a new venture and introductions to business or trade connections
- We are panel lawyers for advising a number of the significant Indian banks in the United Kingdom in relation to secured financing, security and structured financing matters
- Advice to various ultra-high net worth Indian origin investors in relation to their numerous business/company and commercial matters in various sectors such as real estate (purchase and development of properties in London), hospitality, leisure, construction, development and employment
- Representing Indian corporates on a retainer basis providing outsourced legal services and managing all of their commercial, corporate, litigation and employment needs.
- Acting for clients from India on cross-border probate matters and for Indian clients living in the UK on their estate planning
- Advising on various immigration related issues for individuals and businesses