The way you respond to a contract dispute needs to be carefully considered and this is where experienced lawyers can help. Please do get in contact with us if you are involved in a contract claim or dispute.
Solicitors for a contract dispute
Contract disputes are the most common form of business disputes.
One of the most common situations causing contract disputes are performance, where goods or services are delivered late or not up to the required contract or industry standard. The other most common issue is payments, whether late payment, held back payments or non-payment.
Often, the most straightforward aspect of a contract dispute is establishing that there has been a breach. Even this can have complexities and complications such as disputes over facts, claims by defendants that written terms have been varied expressly or impliedly, counterclaims or claims to entitlement to set off or for other reasons.
For experienced, practical advice on any type of contractual dispute or claim, please do get in contact with our specialist lawyers. Early advice almost always results in better outcomes.
Key issues with contract disputes
- What type of breach has occurred? What does the contract say, if anything about the consequences of a breach of this type?
- Do you have the right to terminate the contract?
- Is there a possibility you are also in breach – could there be a counterclaim?
- Do you want or need to maintain an ongoing relationship with the other party notwithstanding the contract dispute
- Before considering taking court action, what are the potential risks of that? Even if you win a contract dispute claim at court, will the defendant be able to pay?
Contract dispute experience
We regularly advise and represent clients on a range of contractual disputes including :
- Debt recovery
- Contract disputes with agents or distributors
- Disputes with suppliers such as IT companies and consultants
- Shareholder agreement disputes
- Service agreement contract disputes
- Breach of employment contract claims
- Disputes over warranties in commercial contracts
- Contractual disputes relating to misrepresentations
Lawyers for contract disputes
We have many years of experience in obtaining the best available commercial and legal outcomes with contract disputes. Please do get in contact to discuss your situation and how we can help.
Recognised as a Rising Star by Thomson Reuters in their Super Lawyers awards, Daniel and his time provide expert, practical advice on all types of contract disputes, whether apparently straightforward (they rarely are) or international, high value and complex.