Medical negligence claims
We know that one of the most distressing situations you can face is being the victim of negligent medical treatment that leaves you feeling angry, helpless and often having to deal with life changing injuries. We know the frustration of feeling that no-one listened to what you had to say or properly advised you what your options were or the risks associated with your treatment.
If you have been injured as a result of negligent treatment received from a medical practitioner – be it a doctor, nurse, dentist, physiotherapist or other health care provider – we are experts in securing compensation for you to help you get your life back together.
How we can help
We will investigate the treatment you received, advise you honestly whether you have a claim, secure the necessary expert evidence to support your claim and negotiate with the Healthcare provider until a satisfactory settlement is reached. We understand that just as important as the compensation you receive, you will want to know what went wrong and why and we will help you to get the answers you are looking for and the apology you deserve.
We may be able to secure interim payments for you if the healthcare provider admits responsibility early on which can prove invaluable in helping with your rehabilitation and immediate daily living expenses you may be facing, particularly if your injury has left you unable to work.
Examples of negligent medical treatment
- Failure or delay in diagnosing your condition causing further injury or illness
- Providing an incorrect diagnosis
- Providing substandard treatment or surgical mistakes.
- Failing to follow correct procedures and protocols
- Failing to advise you about the risks of any planned treatment
- Failing to advise you about other treatment options that may have had a better outcome
- Causing you injury whilst in hospital
What you may recover in a claim
As well as recovering compensation for all the pain and suffering which you have been put through, we will help you to recover any financial losses you may have incurred. This could include:
- Loss of earnings
- Cost of nursing or other care even if provided by family members
- Cost of equipment you may require to manage your injuries
- Cost of adaptations that you may require to your home as a result of your injuries
- Private medical fees
- Travelling expenses
No win, no fee
We undertake most medical negligence claims on a “no win, no fee” basis which means that you do not have to pay anything upfront and will not be responsible for our fees if the claim is unsuccessful. If you win your case, your opponent will usually pay most of your legal fees with the rest coming out of your compensation. We will be completely transparent at all times about the level of compensation you can expect and your exposure to any costs.
We offer a free initial consultation which will be with a legal professional and not a call handler. We are happy to see you at our offices in Edgware or to speak to you over the telephone if that is more convenient for you.