Gemma joined the firm as a Senior Associate Solicitor in Leasehold Enfranchisement within the Litigation team in our London office.
Recent Department Work
- Acted for leaseholders in a collective enfranchisement of a block of flats
- Acted for leaseholders in a right of first refusal purchase of the freehold of a block of flats
- Acted for a landlord in a variety of leasehold matters across their property portfolio including; granting statutory and voluntary lease extensions, a right of first refusal freehold sale and a collective enfranchisement and advising on a range lease terms
- Acted for landlords in serving section 5 notices, offering leaseholders the right of first refusal
- Advising a landlord client on a breach of lease, resulting in the grant of a retrospective licence for alterations
- Acted for leaseholder owned freehold company post-enfranchisement in extending the participants leases
- Acted for a landlord in transferring right to manage to the leaseholders
- Acted for numerous high net worth leaseholders undertaking the statutory lease extension process
- Acted for several Buyers and Sellers of leasehold property in assigning section 42 notices during the conveyancing process
- Advising and acting for leaseholder owned freehold company in connection with grant of consents, licences and lease extension across their block
- Advising high net worth leaseholder on merger of two flats, requiring licence for alterations, redrafting of leases and extension of lease term
Higher/Further Education details: LPC completed in 2008 at College of Law
LLB completed at University of Kent in 2006
Gemma specialises in all aspects of leasehold enfranchisement and residential leasehold related matters with a range of services including:
- statutory and voluntary lease extensions,
- collective and individual enfranchisements,
- right of first refusal,
- right to manage,
- licences for alterations and other consents,
- absent landlord matters,
- general leasehold advisory matters,
- litigation and dispute resolution,
Gemma works closely with our Residential Real Estate department, assisting with any leasehold enfranchisement aspects of the residential property transactions.
Gemma has worked predominantly in London throughout her career and acts for high net worth individuals and families based both in the UK and overseas, for tenants, landlords and intermediate landlords in a range of enfranchisement and landlord and tenant transactions.
Gemma has built a number of close relationships with her clients, property managers, property agents and specialist leasehold surveyors in the industry and takes pride in the straightforward technical advice she provides.
Qualifications & Memberships
Solicitor of England & Wales: February 2012
Member of Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners, British Albanian Lawyers Association and UK Albanian Professionals
Gemma speaks fluent Albanian and is professionally involved in the Albanian diaspora.