Guy joined Axiom DWFM in November 2021 as a Partner in charge of the firm’s Birmingham office.
Guy graduated in Law from the University of West of England in 1986 and qualified as a solicitor in 1991. He joined Blakemore’s in 1989 and led the Automotive & Personal Injury Department as a specialist in automotive disputes, asset finance, consumer law and personal injury cases. . Guy later became Manging Partner and was founder of the brand “Lawyers2you”.
Prior to joining Axiom DWFM, Guy worked for 10 years as in-house counsel and undertaking a variety of managerial roles in sectors such as architecture, charities, recruitment and private finance initiatives, as well as in business turnaround situations.
Dispute Resolution areas
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Equine Law
- Contract Disputes
- Credit Hire Recovery
- Partnership Disputes
- Commercial Disputes
- Finance Disputes
- PII Claims
- Shareholder Disputes
- Asset Finance
- Regulatory Disputes
Guy has extensive experience of dealing with high-value, complex civil litigation matters.
Guy has extensive experience in dealing with all practical and legal aspects of commercial management.
His specialities include:
- Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Business Development & Revenue Growth
- Key Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Operational Management & Control
- Recruitment & Talent Acquisition Strategies
- In-house Counsel with turnaround team to put into administration the first ever royal chartered charity. Directly oversaw the decommissioning of a 200-acre veterinary and virus research centre to ensure all HSE directives were complied with and assisted with the full handover of the operation to the appointed administrators.
- Company Chairman and in-house Counsel reporting to the CEO. Facilitated the company restructure and worked with CEO and board to formulate and implement a comprehensive corporate governance structure across UK and Canadian operations.
- In-house counsel with turnaround team working on a disputed and collapsed PFI contract. Worked extensively with administrators, construction experts, various external stakeholders, and legal teams on a £200m construction and facilities management dispute.
- Consultant on various turnaround projects focusing on legal aspects involved in financial distress including company and commercial, dispute resolution, employment law and administration. Including advising directors on legal duties and obligations.
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Solicitor of England & Wales
- Birmingham Law Society
- 360 Legal Awards, Innovator of the Year, 2010
- Shortlisted, Birmingham Forward Inspirational Leader of the Year, 2007
- Managing Partner Law Firm of the Year 2007 Birmingham Law Society, 2007
- Solicitor of the Year 2007 Birmingham Law Society, 2007
- Managing Partner Law Firm of the Year 2006 Birmingham Law Society, 2006
Guy spends his spare time with his young daughter. He is an accomplished showjumper and was Welsh Amateur Champion 2009. He is a former member of the Reserve Armed Forces having attained the rank of Company Sergeant Major. Guy also plays for a professional paintball team.