James joined the firm as a Partner in the Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Property Departments.
He acts in a wide variety of sectors including acting for high-net-worth clients, family offices, public and private companies with underlying real estate assets, real estate developers domestically and internationally, with a particular focus on Spain and South and Central America.
James qualified as a Solicitor in 1996 after graduating in Law from Exeter University. He spent many years with Stephenson Harwood and subsequently became a partner at Davies Arnold Cooper. Having been born in Chile and brought up between Spain South America and the UK, he is Bi-lingual in Spanish/English.
Amongst others, James has acted for oil and gas corporates, banks, real estate developers, higher education institutions, airport developers, public transport operators, family offices and high net worth individuals.
James also spent 5 years in-house at a major Anglo/Irish property development PLC as their European Managing Director and General Counsel responsible for operations in Spain, Portugal, Italy and Poland. He has been involved as a principal in various start-ups as a founding director in both the AI and real estate sectors.
James is experienced in:
- Cross-border joint ventures and international commercial and real estate transactions.
- Private company sales and purchases.
- Most aspects of commercial and high-end residential property transactions from site acquisitions and development through to ultimate sale.
- Sale and purchase of corporate entities with underlying real estate assets.
- Property development finance ranging from bridging to mezzanine to senior debt.
Qualifications and Memberships
Solicitor of England and Wales
Member of the Law Society