Lupa is an Associate Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution team.
Lupa is a commercial litigator and is experienced in a wide variety of commercial dispute resolution.. Lupa’s practice focuses on cross-border commercial litigation and property litigation. She acts principally for large international companies, high net worth individuals, financial institutions and commercial landlords and tenants.
Lupa has been praised for being a pragmatic and commercially-minded adviser, able to make swift tactical decisions to resolve disputes.
Her expertise are in the following areas:
- Contractual disputes
- Claims under the Trust of Land and Appointment of Trusts Act 1996
- Debt recovery and insolvency
- Professional negligence claims
- Tortious claims (including defamation, privacy and private nuisance)
- Copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property disputes
Lupa’s property practice covers commercial and residential issues including:
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Forfeiture proceedings
- Dilapidations claims
- Party Wall Act claims
- Adverse possession claims
- Possession proceedings
- Lease renewals and enfranchisement
Recent Department Work
- Acting for a shareholder in an unfair prejudice petition seeking relief for the dilution of his shareholding and contravention of section 561 and 562 of the Companies Act 2006 for the unlawful allotment of shares.
- Acting for a BVI company in a US$40 million cross-border litigation proceedings in a breach of contract claim.
- Acting for a financial advisory company in a cross-border litigation proceedings in relation to the acquisition of an oil field valued at USD$164 million.
- Acting for several shareholders on a group litigation in relation to the unfairly prejudicial conduct of the directors and misappropriation of company funds.
- Acting on a professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Solicitor of England and Wales
- Rising Star for Commercial Litigation, The Legal 500, 2022
Memberships and affiliations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Property Litigation Association
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
Outside of work Lupa enjoys spending time with her family and friends.