Ranjit joined us in August 2018 and is currently a Trainee Solicitor within the Dispute Resolution Department.
Since joining the firm she has assisted on a wide variety of litigation and dispute resolution matters which include:
- Contractual disputes
- Commercial disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Copyright disputes
- Property Litigation
- Setting aside County Court Judgments
- Company restorations (Administrative) and Privy Council hearings.
She has also assisted on Insolvency and Restructuring matters which include: setting aside statutory demand’s, challenging bankruptcy petitions and debt refinancing for corporate entities (legal aspects).
Ranjit has a proven track record of securing successful outcomes for clients and some of her notable achievements at the firm include:
- Handling a breach of contract dispute re a recruitment company’s entitlement to an introduction fee, which led to a successful outcome for the instructing client at an early pre-action stage and the client receiving a financial settlement.
- Staying High Court Enforcement proceedings and Setting Aside a County Court Judgment for a restauranteur entered against them by a waste management company, with the restaurateur client successfully recovering their legal costs from the waste management company.
- Acting for a company creditor where we obtained full recovery of the lump sum loan from the debtor without having to litigate.
Ranjit graduated with an LLB law degree from Queen Mary, University of London and obtained a commercially focused LPC at the University of Law in 2016.
One of her key strengths is 9 years’ experience in a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters in areas which include Dispute Resolution, Company and Insolvency Law, Commercial Law, Construction disputes including Adjudication, Employment Law, Corporate Immigration and Judicial Review.
Ranjit also acquired In-house legal experience in the insurance sector in the City of London, working for the third largest reinsurance company in the world, which enhanced her understanding of commercial business operations and managing and mitigating risks within a large scale business. Ranjit dealt with commercial contracts and amendments, drafted and negotiated Non-Disclosure Agreements and GDPR compliance.
Ranjit is a keen pro bono advocate and fitness enthusiast.