Associate Solicitor – Corporate & Commercial
Rima is a Senior Associate Solicitor in the Corporate, Commercial and Banking practice with a specific focus on the Indian market. Rima is qualified as an Indian Advocate and dual qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales. Rima read a Masters in Law specialising in Corporate & Commercial Laws at University College, London.
Rima has built her reputation by forming close relationships with a number of large Indian corporates and banks in the UK and India.
Rima’s experience in secured lending transactions spans drafting finance and security documents for lenders for credit facility transactions, overdraft agreements, inter-creditor deeds, deeds of priority, deed of subordination, security agreements, debentures, assignment of rental income, assignment of a bank account, charges over shares, Charge over cash deposits, personal and corporate guarantees, corporate cross guarantees, conditions precedent satisfaction letters, independent legal advice, renewal of facility documents, amendment and reinstatement agreements, collating the conditions precedent documents for disbursement of the facility and conditions subsequent documents.
Rima has advised clients across multiple jurisdictions including the UK, Russia, India, British Virgin Islands, Isle of Man, Luxembourg, Cyprus, and Panama. Rima has represented clients in a wide variety of sectors, including banking, hospitality, leisure, aviation and food and beverage.
Rima is a board member of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) in the UK and co-chaired the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) UK. She is closely associated with the High Commission of India (HCI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). Rima actively participates in networking events and profile raising activities within the Indian business community in the UK. She retains strong links with India, particularly Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
In her spare time, Rima likes to travel, attend art shows, theatres, cultural and social events at the Indian Embassy, Nehru Centre and Asia House in London.
- Advising an Indian family-owned conglomerate in relation to the development of one of Europe’s largest hotel and residential projects worth £1 billion.
- Advising Indian banks in the United Kingdom in matters ranging up to US$50 million.
- Advice to various ultra-high net worth Indian origin investors in relation to purchase and development of commercial and residential properties in the UK.
- Representing a large international food distribution and hotel group with an annual turnover of £100 million, providing legal services including commercial, corporate, litigation and employment requirements.
- Advising a significant Indian hotel group in relation to the financing and purchase of a hotel in the UK for £6.5 million.
- Assisted in advising in the financing and purchase of an Agusta Westland 139 Helicopter and Dassault Falcon 8X Aircraft worth US$ 59 million.