Rohit joined the firm in April 2022 as a Partner in our London office and is listed in the Legal 500 for Banking Litigation and Commercial Litigation: Mid Market.
Rohit acts for corporate clients and high net worth individuals in a broad range of commercial disputes. He has significant experience of interim remedies including worldwide freezing injunctions, jurisdiction challenges and security for costs applications. He is accustomed to acting for international clients and frequently acts for clients from South Asia, CIS and the Middle East.
Rohit has acted in a number of notable cases including:
• Overgas v Gazprom – acted for a Bulgarian gas distributor on a c.US$100m claim by Gazprom;
• Bank Mellat v HM Treasury- part of the team acting in the Bank’s c.$4bn damages claim. The case featured in The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of 2017;
• Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority v Farhad Azima (2019) – Acted for the Defendant in proceedings involving allegations of fraud and illegally obtained evidence. The case featured in The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2020;
• Sheikh Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber v (1) Sheikh Walid Bin Ibrahim Al Ibrahim (2) Sheikh Majid Bin Ibrahim Al Ibrahim; Acted for the Claimant in proceedings concerning a US$30m payment between Saudi businessmen;
• Punjab National Bank (International) Ltd v Srinivasan and others  UKHC 89 (Ch); acted for a number of respondents in successfully applying to strike out a US$45 million claim.
• ICICI Bank UK Plc v Mehta & Ors  EWHC 1030 (Comm); Acted for the Claimant bank in a US$ 7m claim including worldwide freezing injunctions against a number of defendants;
• Irina Bokova v Associated Newspapers Limited  EWHC 320 (QB); acted for the former head of UNESCO in a libel claim against the publisher of the Daily Mail;
• Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc v Zhunus  EWCA Civ 381 – acted for a number of Claimants in this long running cross border case including worldwide freezing injunctions, upheld on appeal, to the value of US$72m against former directors.
• Prior to joining the firm Rohit worked for 9 years at a Legal 500 litigation boutique.
• Studied at University of Manchester, Brunel University and BPP Law School
Qualifications & Memberships
Solicitor of England & Wales
Indian Maritime Association
Enjoys travel, hiking, and football.