Salim joined Axiom DWFM in November 2022 as a Tax Specialist.
Recent Department Work
Salim has had a varied HMRC career, working for a wide selection of tax departments starting with:
- Shares Valuation Division Foreign (SVDF) in 1982
- Various Tax offices in Charles House: Kensington, Chelsea, Hammersmith Tax offices
- Specialist Sub-Contractor Compliance Unit
- London Intelligence Unit (LIU), (Dealing with Third Party Information)
- Inspector at Uxbridge & Ealing Tax – handling Personal & Corporate tax investigations in the large business unit
- VAT MTIC Fraud Unit Wembley + trained to be Expert witness for HMRC
- Personal Tax Compliance and Hidden economy intel
- Coordinated joint team co-op with Police and Vice squad Central London
- Trained in Passport control and Trafficking intelligence, Border control-2012
He has over 30 years of experience working in tax; with specialist training in VAT-Fraud MTIC & was finally a Manager of a Corporation Tax Team dealing with COTAX issues at the Harrow Tax office (2016)
Salim has spent 4 years working in the private sector dealing with:
- Property/Rental enquires & investigations. (HNWI)
- Capital gains compliance & investigations. (Landlords)
- Corporation Tax & VAT Investigations. (Corporate)
- Customs & Excise + limited Boarder Control enquires. (Entrepreneurs & traders)
- Income Tax Compliance. (Foreign and UK resident clients)
Salim has dealt with serious fraud investigations specifically; the failure to notify (FTN) cases covering Income & corporation tax, further to this COP-9 criminal investigations.
Salim’s negotiation skills cover aspects concerning the Solicitor’s office at HMRC and conducted ADR meetings before the disputes go to the First Tier Tax Tribunal system (FTT).
Salim has represented clients regarding Property and CGT cases that he has won at the First Tier Tribunal, while in the private accountancy sector.
He uses the inside knowledge gained from his years in HMRC to the best advantage of his clients.
Studied for LLB Law @ Ealing Poly:
Studied for ATII at Central London University.
Qualifications & Memberships
Member of the Institute of Taxation as of 1990.
Salim enjoys Car Tech, Syfy Movies and is keen on World affairs / Economics:
Supporter of ‘Your Voice’ / Young adults’ charity.