Partner – Head of Personal Injury and Medical Negligence
Shyam has been with the firm for over 10 years and has built up experience dealing with varied caseloads. He is a very meticulous and hard-working lawyer who identifies the client’s needs and ensures that the best outcome is achieved.
Shyam heads the Personal Injury Department and manages a caseload which includes dealing with complex litigated cases involving matters such as medical negligence, high value road traffic accidents and slip and trip claims.
Shyam is also regularly instructed by employers looking to defend personal injury claims made by employees, workers and self-employed staff.
Recent work includes assisting and advising on: –
- A personal representative acting on behalf of the deceased’s estate to make a claim for negligence against the NHS for a failure to adequately treat a continuous upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
- A misdiagnosis of breast cancer which went untreated for two years.
- A claim for personal injury made against the client by a self-employed who injured themselves during the course of their work.
- Making a claim against a tour operator for an accident which occurred abroad in Mexico.
- Personal representatives acting on behalf of the deceased’s estate for a fall in the Defendant’s premises which led to disabling injuries.
Shyam is able to advise and assist with general disputes such as debt claims, misrepresentation, breach of contract and mortgage mis-selling type cases. He provides clear, practical, and commercial advice which seeks to meet the client’s objectives.
Recent work includes: –
- Advising on a misrepresentation claim which caused the client to enter into a franchise agreement.
- Advising on a recovery of a debt claim from a company who failed to pay the invoice for works carried out.
- Advising on a dispute between family members as to the ownership of assets.
- Advising on an alleged breach of contract during a sale of a property in that some of the items listed as fixtures were removed from the property upon completion.
- Advising on a breach of contract between a lender and customer for unfair and unreasonable interest charges on standard variable rates.
Shyam also undertakes corporate/company matters and regularly assists clients with drafting documents for business matters such as shareholder agreements and option documents.
Shyam has been with the firm since he graduated and has become an integral member of the firm. He started his legal career with us as a paralegal and has diligently worked his way through the ranks to become a Partner
Prior to joining the firm, Shyam was able to further his legal experience by working in America.
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Solicitor of England and Wales
Outside of legal practice, Shyam has a passion for sports, particularly football. Shyam is a qualified Level 1 football coach and previously coached an under 15 team in the Sunday league. During his time as a coach he secured promotion and lead the team in a season of being undefeated.