What services does the India desk offer? Rima Sengupta explains
Rima is qualified as a dual solicitor in India and in the UK which therefore gives her a unique perspective and skillset to deal with anything India related when it comes to legal matters. She studied Law in India and undertook her masters at UCL specialising in corporate and commercial laws.
Rima has worked in the City for a silver circle firm specialising in aviation finance amongst other things and subsequently focused on corporate finance and secured lending. Additionally, she has an interest in Intellectual Property law and can register trademarks in the UK, settlement agreements to resolve IP disputes which given how valuable IP has become over the last few years has become even more relevant.
By setting up the India desk within Axiom, Rima has received referrals from a wide source including the following: clients from law firms and accountants in India, Dubai and Singapore for example. Rima frequently visits India and is well connected with organisations in India, Indian law firms, accountancy firms, Indian Banks, multi-national businesses, HNWI’s as well as Indian-UK trade bodies who can assist either Indian firms expanding in the UK or UK clients expanding in India.
On secured lending transactions Rima advises, drafts and agrees finance and security documents for lenders and borrowers, which includes:
- Complex Loan Market Association facility agreements for example Mergers & Acquisitions, Operational Real Estate for example Hotels or Public Listed (FTSE or AIM) refinancing’s
- Finance documents for lenders for credit facility transactions either using in-house documents or bespoke documents accordingly
- Term Loan, Revolving Credit Facilities or Overdraft agreements
- Inter-creditor Agreements
- Deeds of priority, Subordination and Postponement
- Debentures including any specific Legal Charges which are required
- Assignment of Rental Income in relation to Buy To Let or Commercial Properties
- Duty of Care Deeds
- Charges over a Bank Account, Shares or Cash Deposits
- Personal and Corporate Guarantees
- Independent Legal Advice
- Corporate Cross Guarantees
- Conditions Precedent satisfaction letters which can include collating the relevant condition precedent documents for example: corporate authorisations – board minutes, shareholders resolutions and directors certificates
- Preparing completion statements and completion undertakings
- Post completion compliances on behalf of lender clients
- In life amendments including the following: loan renewal, extension letters, amendment and reinstatement agreements (which can include covenant resets)
Please feel free to contact Rima if there is anything she can help you or your clients with any of the above.